The Mystery of Kingdom Progress

The growth of God’s kingdom begins in the soft and responsive hearts of His men who have embraced the kingship of Jesus. And as Jesus described in the 4th soil (4:20), our full welcoming embrace of His Word sets the stage for a crazy big yield. In the following 3 parables we get deeper insight into the expansion of the kingdom of God.

Spacer (small, white)
amitav-hira-IA1Kk-Q27ag-unsplash

My Part: 4:21-25 – SHINE

If I allow my heart to be soft instead of hard, deep instead of shallow, focused instead of crowded, then I will shine. The mystery of the kingdom of God is meant to go public.

Spacer (small, white)
Prayer Care Share

What does it look like to shine?
 (Ex. 34:29; Matt. 5:15-16; Acts 4:13; 1 Peter 3:15; 1 John 4:10; Prayer/Care/Share) I have been blessed to be a blessing. Who is experiencing my shine? What is it like for people to live on the other side of me?

Spacer (small, white)
pexels-kindel-media-7527876

God’s Part: 4:26-29 – SOVEREIGNTY

His sovereignty is mysterious to us. God is going to do what He has decided to do and we won’t always understand it. (Job 42:2; Isa. 55:8-9; Rom. 11:33-34; Eph. 1:11)  

His sovereignty is powerful. God is the source of all kingdom growth (qualitative and quantitative). (Rom 1:16; 1Cor 3:6; Phil. 2:13; Col 2:19)

How does God’s sovereignty enhance my faith?

Spacer (small, white)

Growth is Inevitable 4:30-34

God’s kingdom is going to expand, in the day to day we need to keep on keeping on. What inspires me to persevere when progress seems painfully slow? (Gal. 6:9)

God is in the business of taking modest starts
and turning them into strong finishes. 

pexels-binyamin-mellish-169523

Nation of Israel: (Gen. 12:1-2; Deut. 7:7-9; Rev. 7:9-10)

New Testament Church: (Acts 2:14; 17:6 28:31)

Apostle Paul: (1Tim 1:13-15; 2 Tim 4:7-8)

Spacer (small, white)

TAG TEAMS

Where have I seen God’s growth in me or through me? What seemingly small step of obedience is God prompting me to take while resting in His sovereignty? 

pexels-akil-mazumder-1072824-2

“You can’t be too small for God to use you, only too big”
DL Moody paraphrase